LJM Homecare Limited
Organisation type: Private
LJM is based in the West Midlands and provides personal and supporting care to circa 270 people in the black country and surrounding areas. We are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and are devoted to providing professional, high quality care and support at home. We offer a range of flexible and tailored services from companionship and simple domestic chores to complex personal care.
Our aim is to provide the best home care possible within the available budget. To do this each client is treated like an individual and we take time to get to know their needs and to match them with suitable LJM support workers.
In particular, we believe in quality care. This means individually tailored care with the timings you require, continuity of support worker and high levels of supervision, review and flexibility. We also like to work with you to help you develop as much independence as possible whilst having quality care when you require it.
All our support workers are carefully chosen, CRB checked and well trained. Like our clients, they are part of the LJM family and they take a real interest in the person they are caring for. We are sure you will be delighted with the service they can provide. Please contact us for more information.
LJM are always individually tailored to suit you. The type of care and support we provide and the timing of it is dependent on the needs and wishes of the individual.
You may, for example, need a half hour visit in the morning and evening or a couple of hours in the afternoon or 24-hour continuous care. We can accommodate a variety of needs.
The needs of our clients are very wide ranging but examples of the way we can help are as follows:
- Companionship and Support
- Conversation and friendship
- Shopping, errands, transport
- Meal preparation
- Assistance with Daily Living
- Bathing, dressing, getting in and out of bed
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Feeding and oral hygiene
- Respite Care
- Dementia Care
- Long Term Health Care Assistance
- Rehabilitation Support
- Home from Hospital
- Terminal Illness
- Learning Disabilities
All our support worker undergo training on a regular basis, and for more specialist requirements are provided with the necessary additional training focused on the particular need.
Waking Nights / Sleepover
On a Waking Night our support workers are on call at all times during the night and are awake, alert and making certain our client is sleeping or resting or at least safe, sound and secure. Our shifts are from 10pm through to 7am
On a Sleepover duty we are on hand, in the client`s home, for them to call as they need. You provide a bed for our support worker, but you have peace of mind that there is someone on hand if required. Our shifts are from 10pm through to 7am
Useful information :
- Contact Telephone: 01384 263731
- Contact Hours: 9.00 - 21.00
- Visit our website (opens in a new window)
The provider has uploaded the following documents
- CQC Registration (Registration document - CQC - PDF 790.366kb )
- Safeguarding policy (Safeguarding Policy - VND.OPENXMLFORMATS-OFFICEDOCUMENT.WORDPROCESSINGML.DOCUMENT 96.712kb )
- Medication Policy (Medication Policy - VND.OPENXMLFORMATS-OFFICEDOCUMENT.WORDPROCESSINGML.DOCUMENT 64.79kb )
- Complaints policy (Complaints Policy - VND.OPENXMLFORMATS-OFFICEDOCUMENT.WORDPROCESSINGML.DOCUMENT 33.434kb )